where I ramble on about what's happening in my little world
and hopefully you have some enjoyment reading about it!



new doll & a day out!


Remember ME? LOL corr.... how long since I last rambled here? Oooops .... again! I do pop into blogland when I get a spare few mins, check a blog or two and post when I can but, you know how it is ..... If Ive missed your blog posts, I'm sorry :O( and will try to do my best to pop in as soon as possible. Anyway for once I HAVE actually been creatively busy!!! sorry, should have given you a moment to fetch a chair before that shocker! I have 3 on the go at the moment, this is the first to be finished. The order was for a Gypsy fortune teller, mature but not a crone & has to be colourful. Hopefully all boxes are ticked and the new owner will be happy.

I used the eyes Debie from Piskies & Poppets sent me to try, and prefer them to the ones with pins in, I gave up using those and went back to painting the eyes in, which I didnt like much either, so thankoo Debiekins, your a star and I luffs them x

After the next two dolls are all completed, I'm going to spend a bit of time on my neglected skool of majick :o( I have so many lovely new things to add to it, but with my son still hogging my spare room its difficult to get in there to play, sometimes its difficult to get the door open, let alone get into the room!!! I did however spoil myself and bought some of Glenda's (peppercorn minis) wonderful potion bottles recently and have snuck them onto a mantelpiece cos they are far too lovely to sit in a box !!

and yes, the floor's a big bit of what needs my attention, these floorboards are for the floor above, this level will have stone slabs fitted .... eventually. Hence why the contents are currently stashed away in a box :o(

Although I have had loads to keep me busy at home, I've also been out playing golf LOTS in this lovely weather we've been having, and I had a lovely day out in Dunster with a friend of mine when we visited a dolls house club show there last week. It was a very small show, and not as interesting as past years, but we made the most of it by becoming grockles and took a few touristy pics for you all as I thought you'd like some of the architecture.


the chap sitting at the front was playing music on some ancient 'thing' on his lap.
This building puzzled us as its either been cleaned up , or rebuilt using old materials?


I loved the woodwork on the overhang tho :o) this wood was definitely VERY old!


and finally the door.... which I'm leaving by, see ya all about in this wonderful land of blog x
Photobucket

11 comments:

Michelle said...

It's great to see you! I LOVE the fortune teller and I love her face and hair, perfect! ;o))

I love the photo's too, great detailing to look at and lots of inspiration!

The beams have helped loads as I will be carving and staining some of mine over the weekend!

Michelle xxx

Tallulah Belle said...

Who were you again lol

I LOVE her..she is just perfect and i bet all the boxes will be checked and more. Someone is lucky to get her as a commission piece.

Her face really reminds me of a girl I used to work with, Ruth.

Glendas minis are wonderful aren't they. I am getting so tempted to start my own witch little house...look what you are all doing to me lol.

And I love the pics. I've not heard the term grockle in years lol. Pics like that make me so homesick. Nothing like here :-(

Crafts From The Stash said...

Kins shes worked out a treat. Let me know when you need more eyes, I have hundreds LOL. Looking forward to seeing Frankie.

Lorra Luffies

Debie xxxxxxx

Jo Raines said...

I love the gypsy fortune teller! She is spot on! I, too, have had a hard time keeping up with everyone and updating my blog. I always think I will have all this time in the summer but I don't! I love that old building!

Jody

joy said...

Wendie I love her :) She is a wonderful character. Keep on going now ♥

joy said...

PS your hands are blooming good too :)

Wendie-kins said...

Thanx for all the lovely comments :o)
Michelle - glad the pics were helpful, I shall pop over to your blog & check your beams out next week
Jayne - tis funny how some sculpts actually look like 'someone you know' I have no control over who mine look like!! they just come out as whoever they are :o) & sorry I made you homesick :o(
Debiekins - hundreds of eyes LOL makes you sound like a fly bzzzzzzzzzzz but thanx , I will have to put an order in to keep me motivated.
Jody - theres never enough hours in the day! or we need an 8 day week?
Joy - some-one had to remember my loathing of hands!! now I never know if its sarcasm ;o) LOL but at least I no longer want to hide them away anymore. I saw your new witchys and theyre fantastic... you've got a wonderful style :o) I still seem to be trying to find mine, but yep, I shall keep at it :o)

joy said...

Oh no, no sarcasm. I'm still struggling big time with hands and yours are brilliant.....truly x

Wendie-kins said...

they were just photographed carefully Joy ;o) it wont ever make a difference how many pairs I make, I'll never be happy with them, I cant see anything wrong with yours either!!! we should start a 'pick on yourself' club LOL
and thankyou x

JDayMinis said...

Wonderful you are golfing! I love it too but since John has retired we never seem to find the time, maybe tomorrow now that you reminded me!! I really like your projects too. The Gypsy has a sly look, great. Jean♥

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

Great photos thank you for sharing them with us.